Friday, November 25, 2011

Do you think that there should be secrets between married couples ?

should married couples have secrets from each other or should they be completely open.Do you think that there should be secrets between married couples ?
Here we go.....





The only secrets married couples should have from each other is what they got each other for Christmas.





Other than that, secrets are the best way to end ANY kind of relationship that there is. I'm not saying one should divulge everything from their past that has no bearing on their life with their significant other. For instance, I don't think it's my husband's business who I may have dated before him, etc. Things like that are okay, as long as it doesn't come back to haunt you at a later time. If you've got a kid or 2 stashed somewhere that may come back into your life, I'm thinking that should not be a secret. Surprises like that could be pretty unnerving to your spouse, and ';Oops, I forgot to tell you about that...'; won't fix that broken spoke!





If a friend or a family member confides something to you and asks you not to repeat it, then that's a confidence, and if someone should ask, your answer to that should be, ';I was told in confidence, and if you want the answer to that question, you need to ask ______ about it. I would not betray a confidence about them any more than I would about you.';





Another scenario...my daughter came to me once and said a friend of hers had confided in her that she was considering killing herself. Of course, daughter came to me, I went to her friend's mother, and told her what was going on. That is when you betray a confidence, or a secret. When it might do harm to someone. Imagine how my daughter would have felt if she had kept that ';secret'; %26amp; her friend had committed suicide?





You get my drift here, I'm sure. No secrets...not good...don't do it.





Sh-h-h-h-h-hhhhhh....good luck!Do you think that there should be secrets between married couples ?
everyone is allowed to have secrets. I wouldnt tell my husband something confided to me in confidence.
Secrets about what's happening in their lives while they are married...no.





Secrets about things they done before meeting their spouse...yes.





There are some things that don't need to be shared.
They should be honest with each other.


Now, it doesn't mean that one can't have private thoughts, or a bit of space.


Still, you need to know that you're on the same page with your other half, and should something happen, you need to be able to vouch for your other half.


How could you if you two have secrets for each other?
I think it depends on the secret. If you want to keep you past love life (lives) a secret, I think that's OK. But if you are keeping a secret from your wife/husband that involves your marriage (i.e, cheating, blowing your savings on gambling or something dumb like, taking stuff of hers,) then you're wrong.





There are something that have nothing to do with, or before the current realtionship that I feel don't need to be said. They're irrellevant to it. But as soon as you start keeping secrets from you spouce becasue she/he will get pissed, that's what there could be problems.
HECK NO!!!! If there are secrets then why get married?????? No secrets in marriage at all.
they should be COMPLETELY open and honest. One lie leads to another and you get in a mess.....other way if they find out you been lying they loose trust in you
I think that couples should be open with each other. I think also that you should both have your own life as well as a life with each other. I like having my girlie friends i also have a couple of male friends my partner who i live with is the same. We love spending time with each other but we enjoy having time with our separate friends as well as friends together. I think that he probably has things that he speaks to his friends about that he doesn't tell me but i wouldn't class that as a secret.
There are certain things I believe that should be kept private, it's common courtesy. Kinda like closing the door when you're taking a dump.
why should i tell my hubby i cheated on him , with 3 of his best friends. why ruin their friendship. that would be evil. so in answer to your q . yes their should be
Honesty is the best, yet its ok to have little secreats, like spending too much at the mall, flirting with the ups guy at work.. etc..
Generally speaking no. But my mum had a secret bank account. I have often advised other women to do the same!
I personally believe that there should be no secrets b/w married couples. Everything should be honest and open.
You only tell what your spouse can handle with out blowing their lid..
Open, but, not abusively so.
As long as both members of the marriage are behaving appropriately, doing nothing to disrespect the institution of marriage nor their spouses, then there is no need for full disclosure. It is when a person hides his misbehavior behind the mask of his so-called right to privacy that problems arise.
There should be no secrets between a married couple my husband knows everything about me and I know every thing about him. We evern know about each others past before we meet each other. Being open and honest is best.
Depends on the secret.
I am completely honest and open with my fiance
We all have secrets. I say yes. However I don't' feel you should do things after you're married that would be secret. Having them before your married is one thing, creating them after and keeping them is another. I have one I'll tell I was busted with drugs at high school I was 17. I never smoked pot again. I never told my wife nor does anyone else that knows me now have a clue I got into that sort of trouble
White lies don't harm and size doesn't matter!!!??????!!!!








xx
In most cases I think it should be very open and without secrets - but there are exceptions. If my husband had a one-nighter and it was a mistake - I don't want to know about it. If he fancies the pants of a girl at work, I don't want to know about it. However, I have no difficulty in him knowing the passwords for my emails etc if it makes him feel happy. We leave our mobile phones lying around and unlocked so we could theoretically check each others phones. Otherwise, I think secrets are unhealthy.
Depends on the secret.





If it's ';what he's getting me for my birthday'; then yeah, secrets are okay.





If it's ';that he's been hanging out in internet chat rooms and talking to people that he knows would upset me if I knew about it'; then no, secrets are not okay.
In general, I do not believe in secrets. However, if there is something in the past (before the spouse ever entered the picture) that does not affect the present relationship, I think sometimes it's better to leave some of that alone. Anything in the present that involves the spouse needs to be open and honest though. Confidences asked for from friends, however, should be respected if it doesn't involve the spouse.
Oh - secrets are always good....





Like how I threw away his ratty holy t-shirt and then pretended I didn't know what happened.


Like how I paid one of our bills late so I could get him a birthday present.


Like how I tell him his mother moving in with us someday won't be an issue when I secretly cringe a little inside....
Spose you mean the type of secrets that could bust them apart if they found out about them........?
Depends on the secret. If I have an awesome birthday present for him that I don't want him to know about, then I consider that a secret that's good to keep. If I've been going out to lunch with a man (example only), for whatever reason, and don't tell him about that, then I don't think that's a good idea. There are other more touchy situations, as well. Say, my best friend tells me something in complete confidence that doesn't affect my marriage whatsoever and has nothing to do with me, do I still tell my husband about it? Probably not. Why should he hear all the gory details of my friend's life? I think secrets should be considered on an individual basis, whether or not they are shared.
Yes, there should be secrets, especially the ones that will drive your spouse nuts, I keep my spending a secret. I believe you can keep a secret, if you know you're going get yelled at.
Most people would say no, but somethings are better off unsaid.
Open.
NO secrets at all!!! they will harm your relationship honesty is still the best for you.Try talking to your spouse and go from there you might be surprised what will happen if you r honest!! Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment