Friday, July 30, 2010

Do High Schools Allow Same-Sex Prom Couples?

I'm just curious to know... have schools nowadays accommodated to allow couples going to the prom to be of the same sex?





Have you heard of any gay/lesbian prom couples yourself?Do High Schools Allow Same-Sex Prom Couples?
I have heard of this! In my day, this was a thing of the far, far future. But I have read from Y!A users that they went to the prom with a same-sex partner. I think it is fantabulous and I wish that I went to a school that allowed that.Do High Schools Allow Same-Sex Prom Couples?
I'm sure at my school they would. Yeah now that I think about it we did have cross dressers and girls who wore tuxedos. I don't think it was such a big deal. As a student, I was part of prom committee and tickets were sold as singles and couples. Since couple prices were a better deal, a lot of guys or girls who did not have dates would say they were going together, the administration would not care. Plus are they going to be checking who is dancing with whom at Prom?
My school does. Well to tell you the truth our school is very open to new things, and they really embrace change. Our school doesn't tolerate discrimination against any kind, especially homophobic kind of stuff, and people have gotten sent to a student discipline center for an entire school year for being homophobic. Yea, I don't know about other schools though.
It seems that some do and some don't. At the high school I graduated from a few years ago, GLBT people were not even welcome on school property. As in the staff condoned harassing the student until they fled the building. It usually took less than a day. Then again some schools have GSA's and stuff like that, so it just depends on where ya go.
[It's not accepted as much by people here] but i know this couple that went to prom last night as a gay couple. The girly one wore a dress and the not so girly one wore a suit.





It's funny because she had the same suit as my guy friend lol xD
Yeah, it happens. (: You'd have to ask whoever is in your prom committee though, I'm sure they'd be able to tell you if it's allowed or not.
Haven't had any LGBT friends in my life (unfortunately =[ I wish I met some people similar to me) but I do think that some schools allow it and some simply don't.
Some do and some dont I think it would be funny if someone lgbt and instead of prom king and queen it would be king and king ect.
You cant at our school. They wont let you in or sign up for a ticket if your date is the same sex. You can still go. just not with the same sex. :(





ps.....forget dancing too
Even if you weren't allowed, I would go with whoever I wanted to go with :) ...That is if my parents wouldn't kill me for going with another girl..
I have heard of this and think it's wonderful! Check with somebody in your prom committee to see if its allowed at your school.
Yes of course.





It would be HUGE discrimination if they didnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment