Friday, July 30, 2010

How many Children should a couple have during their marriage?

It seems that in some cultures, it is normal to have a Brady Bunch family. In more modern times, especially in America, it seems that many couples are opting to have 2-4 children. What do you think is a good # of children for a couple to have, based on economics, time needed for quality attention, etc etcHow many Children should a couple have during their marriage?
two or three sounds good too me........but theres no law......How many Children should a couple have during their marriage?
I have 2 right now and do want more. I believe that it is what is best to you and your spouse. If it doesn't feel right, then it will be rough. If you are ready for more, then it is much easier to make it work.

Report Abuse



That cannot be answered by anyone but yourself once you've had one child. Some people start out saying they want 5 or 6 kids, but after the first comes along they realize it is alot harder than they thought so they stick to one. Others have lots because they once they have one, they just want more. Every couple is different so there is no one right answer. Personally, I have 3 and now realize we are outnumbered.
Well it is totally up to the couple. However I think the norm has between 2 - 3. Many people may have chosen to have more but with the extra financial costs they do not.
Now days 2 is the norm. But have as many as you want its really a personal decision just don't have 15 and all you really can afford is 2 lol
1





The population is already out of control.
28 sounds good. Oh, and .5 cuz you always gotta have one in the oven.
This is dependent on the couple, their finances and the capability.





The more the merrier is what I say!
No more than two.


Two is enough to replace the parents.


Humans are not an endangered species.
as long as the couple can support them without outside help,meaning welfare,food stamps etc then let them have as many as they want..i do not feel they should rely on society to support them..i have 1 and am content with that
I want 5 or 6. But I think most people now a days have 2 or 3.
I have to laugh at some of these answers about the world being overpopulated. And that they think we should limit the children we have because of that. Well, we aren't China.


I have 6 kids. 6 little girls. I absolutely LOVE it. I have controlled chaos in my life. But my girls love having a big family. There is always someone to play with. My kids are all treated equally and get plenty of my time. Now, do they get name brand top notch clothes? No, I buy off the clearance racks....and probably get cheaper name brand clearance clothes then what they sell at wal mart, they wear their sisters hand-me-downs. But my kids are all put together. I am not on welfare. My kids are not in day care, I have stayed at home with them since birth. Basically, I am living like they did in the early 1900's. My man brings home the bacon and I fry it up for us and our children. But that is what WE WANT from life. So, it is a personal decision.


I do, however, HATE the fact that alot of people ask if they are all from the same father. Or if they are all mine? Or the fact that we have 6 girls makes it seem like we kept trying for a boy. Which couldn't be further from the truth.


My best friend belonged in a family with 6 kids. They didn't have alot of money but her family was the funnest family with all the kids and it was really alot of fun there. That is what I have now and I cannot wait till they bring me home a bunch of grandbabies.......yep!! I will overpopulate. I live in America and I will do what I want.
I have 2 daughters very close in age and it's perfect. We had always wanted a boy, but due to health reasons I cannot have any more. At first it was a little sad to realize that we would never get our boy, but really, I think 2 is about perfect.
Honestly, a child is a miracle. I say there is no limit to how many you should produce, and yes, it can be difficult to keep track of them, but having children to love is worth the trouble. If you really want to have children, go for it! You will have a happy family of your own, so don't let ';limitations'; stop you. When you do have children though, be sure to pay attention to each one and create a peaceful relationship with them. Good luck!
How ever many you feel.
as many as you want, the only thing that should limit that is how many you can afford.





dont think its your duty to re populate the planet or control the population, have as many as can afford and want.





i had 4, and i love it
It's kind of personal...based on how much your family can bring in without being a drain on someone else's resources, financially or emotionally.





Some people have one, but depend on everyone else to help with babysitting, and parenting, and educating while they're off making money. That would be my stepbrother.





Some people have four or five, and need medicaid and foodstamps to help feed them. But emotionally they can care for them. That would be my friend. Which is worse?





Some people shouldn't have children. Lots of people struggle to have children and never get pregnant.





Other families have five or six, the mom stays home and the dad works a regular shift. Everyone is happy and well-fed. Nearly everyone in our family is like this, it's quite cozy. What's best is that our elderly can be cared for by four children easily, when everyone else puts their parents on social security, medicaid and then in a nursing home.





But really, it is quite personal.
I think that with the price of things that it is good to have 3-4 kids. I only have 2, but would like a 3rd. My husband said no because we have one boy and one girl. So if your lucky like that I guess 2 is a good number, but I would still say 3 or 4 :)
I think 2 is the best option. I would be great if they were 2 boys or two girls, cause opposite sexes don't create good friendships. We are 2 children in my family. I think we are going well.
2 or 4 thats about it, you don't need more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment