Friday, July 30, 2010

Do you think that couples with (different) disabilities can work out?

YES! Healthy relationships are built on commitment, dedication and respect.





A personal story:


I grew up with a guy who was labelled ';special ed';. He was a really nice guy, and a talented artist. When we were in elementary and people would tease him, I'd beat them up (in the social scene, I was considered ';popular';, he was considered ';slow';). I always maintained a friendship with him. When he became an adult, he had a girlfriend who was also ';special ed';; she became pregnant, %26amp; they had the baby. During the birth, she experienced complications (which had nothing to do with her disability), and suffered a stroke. My friend took care of the mother and child, while working, until the mother passed away several years later. He continued to care for his son. A couple years ago, he married a woman who wasn't disabled, and she adopted the boy. For me, my friend represents everything wonderful about strong, dedicated men. I know men who are not ';disabled'; who haven't stepped up to the plate and stuck it out like he has. He's a wonderful father and husband, and takes steps to remember Mama for his son.





Just some food for thought...Do you think that couples with (different) disabilities can work out?
sure-the guy I was supposed to marry had a different disability than me--it just didn't work out because he was a lying cheating coward....Do you think that couples with (different) disabilities can work out?
Why do you ask this question???People that ask question should give a reason why it was ask...
Love and companionship comes from the heart and the mind. So sure I do.
dont see why not..... obviously it depends on certain disbalitys but sure

No comments:

Post a Comment