Saturday, August 21, 2010

Couples that have been married 30 plus years how did you over come financial hard ships?

Such as IRS or just not enough moneyCouples that have been married 30 plus years how did you over come financial hard ships?
Married 43yrs. It's called sacrafice......believe me as long as your children are fed,clothed,and have a roof over their heads you'll make it.You can make a lot of simple but good meals casseroles,spaghetti,hot dogs,potatoes %26amp; eggs just to name a few.When I was first married I remember on new years eve we had bacon %26amp; eggs and a glass of Ice water.I remember and it was special.Couples that have been married 30 plus years how did you over come financial hard ships?
I've been married 32 years now,and I can tell you...it's hard..You learn how to shop for the cheapest deals on groceries and clothes for the family.


I relied on Hand-me-downs a lot.Still do.


My kids are all grown and out of the house,but I'm still a penny pincher..I bought my car and paid cash for her.I gave only two thousand dollars for it,by saving on groceries with coupons.I buy only what we need and we even manage to save enough to take a vacation[ within our own state] every year..


You'd be surprised at how much you can stretch a dollar.We here in N.C.have a store called ';Dollar Tree Store';,where everything in the store is only a dollar.


I wished we had a ';Dollar Tree Store'; a long time ago..I could have saved even more..


And the Yard sales are great too.You can get some really good deals on things people put on yard sales and flea markets too.


Hope I have helped in some way..
You need to live a lifestyle that fits with how much you have. Seems like so many Americans now days are trying to pick a lifestyle first - and then they figure out they don't have enough money for it. Hence the ever increasing Credit Card debt, foreclosures, etc. in America.





Make the best of what you've got. Life and marriage can be a joy - even when you have very little. It's all in how you CHOOSE to make it. Being envious of other lifestyles will get you no where and only make you miserable.





Just re-assess your lifestyle, and enjoy life together! You've got each other, and 30 years of learning more and more about each other under your belts!
Married total of 16 years, but I qualify to answer for you. You buy just the necessities and make being poor an adventure. Did you know you can actually feed a family of five for less than five dollars a meal if you really have to. Hotdogs, buns, can of chili, and chips. There you go! Life is hard, but it can be sweet, even if you have to suffer a little bit. I always said being poor is an adventure, seeing where you can save a penny or turn a dime into a dollar. Good luck, you'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment