Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Married couples: Have you ever been given the silent treatment? What is the longest time it has lasted?

I'm talking about no words exchanged, except maybe a few sentences to test the waters and realize they are still hot.Married couples: Have you ever been given the silent treatment? What is the longest time it has lasted?
Yip given hubby the silent one record time i think with extras.


2 1/5 weeks not a single word, no dinner he had to make his own, do own laundry, made own morning coffee, even had to get himself out of bed as i refused to wake him up . I was realy realy peed at himMarried couples: Have you ever been given the silent treatment? What is the longest time it has lasted?
THIS IS ONE THING I HATE. MY HUSBAND DOES THIS TO ME LIKE EVERY 6 MONTHS. IT COULD BE OVER SOMETHING SO STUPID, A LOT OF TIMES I EVEN FORGET WHY. AFTER 4-5 DAYS, I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND I START GIVING IN, EVEN THOUGH I KNOW I DID NOTHING WRONG. I USE TO CALL MY DAD WHEN HE PULLED THIS ON ME, AND HE WOULD SAY'; JUST BABY HIM, BE NICE, GIVE IN AND IT WILL BE OVER'; SO THAT'S WHAT I DO. BUT I AM TOTALLY SICK OF IT. NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS, I SWEAR I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE IT. I THINK ITS IMMATURE AND STUPID. MEN CAN BE BABIES, I'M SURE A LOT OF WOMAN WOULD AGREE TO THAT. I EVEN TRYED TO TEST THE WATERS TOO LIKE YOU SAID, AND I WOULD SAY A FEW WORDS, BUT HE IS STILL COLD AND HARDLY EVER ANSWERS ME. AFTER A FEW DAYS, IT'S LIKE NOTHING EVER HAPPENED. I KNOW THERE ARE MARRIAGES WITH A LOT MORE PROBLEMS. SO I GUESS I COULD DEAL WITH THIS. GOOD LUCK HUN KATHY
Nope but i give my husband the silent treatment when i'm pissed!


When i'm angry he doesn't get the meaning of leaving me alonr for a while..I'm the type that if you bug me when i'm upset i will end up saying something i don't mean so therefor i need time to cool off and i will not talk to you...
My husband and I have a betime rule........No matter what the situation is or what we did to one another we ';never go to bed upset';......We have stood up late discussing and sometimes even arguing but, we always solve the problem or come up with a ideas to fix the problem...I guess you reach a point in your life where time is too precious and why should one waste it.... You never know what your last words will be to someone and I try within myself to live by the saying'; why put off what you can do today for tomorrow';....There are people who don't get to see tomorrow......
Ask if there's a reason why your spouse isn't talking. Perhaps it's just a sore throat.





If there's a problem, not facing it is not a solution.
yes. It lasted for tow days.
My wife and I went a week when we were first married. Now we just get everything off or chest right away.


It takes too much energy to stay mad and we would rather make love instead.
MY HUBBY IS A POUTTER WHEN THINGS DONT GO HIS WAY I USE TO JUST LET HIM B IT WAS NEVR FOR MAOR THAN A FEW MINTS AND IF HE DOSE IT FOR MORE THAN THAT I START SWEET TALKING HIM KISSING HIM AND GENERIALY PESTTER THE CRB OUT OF HIM UNTIL HE GIVE ME A KISS AND WE MAKE UP AFTER 29YRS OF MARRIAGE HE HAS LEARNED NOT TO DO THAT SO I HAVENT HAD TO DEAL WITH THAT IN A LONG TIME BUT I IDNT GET MARRIED NOT TO TALK AND IM SURE NOT GONNA LET THINGS IKE THAT CUSE TROUBLE IN OTHER PARTS OF OUR REALATIONSHIP THATS JUS DUMB!!
Yes and it was never long enough.................
I've been married 9 months, and it happened for the first time last weekfor 2 days almost! It really takes a lot of energy for pouting and staying angry..I even needed early nights, and lost some weight. My stomache went flat like a Victoia Secret model! ( problems about in-laws...)
In almost 32 years the longest we went without talking was about 2 hours.
This morning. For about 40mins. We both left for work and havent talked except for an email I just got. So I guess its over.
Well I am doing this to my husband now, so far we are working on 15 hours. I am not pleased with his comments yesterday and I have nothing to say. When he figures out that he was wrong and stops being accusatory I will talk again. Until then I am quite content with good night and good bye
I have not spoken to my husband about a year now. We do not live together. He is stupid. If you all are still in the house, then you either have to speak or get divorced. It is not going to be a good marriage, if you stay like this. If communication is a problem, then you need to seek therepy.
Yes it been over 4 years now and I'm loving every minute of it . No more yak yak yak do this do that .
We once gave each other the silent treatment, but we were out with some friends, so we did talk a little bit. When we got home, we immediately made up. Neither of us can stand not being on good terms, and we now try to apologize as quickly as possible. It's not worth the pain. Forgive and forget.
yes...its horrible i bet. i never know how to cope up with it....mine lasted for days initially. but i never give up...it hurts me very much...yet i keep pushing him to talk. i dont know if i am doing the right thing...
Yeah, the wife did that to me. I slapped her across the face and she yelled. That was the end of her silence!

No comments:

Post a Comment